"Everything begins with an idea."
- Earl Nightingale
Eureka! Welcome back from the mountain top. Got a great idea? Let’s talk about it.
VISION. What's the big picture?
VALUES. What does your organization stand for?
- GOALS. How do you measure success?
“Real artists ship.”
- Steve Jobs, entrepreneur
Once we know where we want to go, let’s explore (and check the map for directions):
RESEARCH. Market opportunity? Competition? Competitive advantage? Let's do our homework.
AUDIENCE. Wookie or Ewok? Kirk or Picard? Let's do a deep dive into the target market.
- MESSAGE. What brand message will resonate? Will your brand connect with your target?
“I love it when a plan comes together.”
- John “Hannibal” Smith, leader
So now that we have a road map. Who is driving the bus?:
- BUDGET. Do we have enough fuel in the tank to get us where we want to go?
- TEAM. Who is going the distance? Let's build an A-Team to get it done.
- TECHNOLOGY. Set phasers to stun. What kind of technical wizardry can we leverage?
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.”
- Lao Tzu, philosopher
Time to put the pieces on the board. It’s your move:
EXECUTION. As Captain Picard says, “Make it so.” Let’s make him proud.
ANALYSIS. Trust your instincts, Luke. And the data.
- CALIBRATION. Sometimes we have to adjust the course to stay on target.